A note to our team, community and guests,
As valued friends and customers of the Heritage Inn, we want to reach out to you during the evolving situation surrounding COVID-19 with an update.
We want to express our commitment and priority to the health, safety and well-being for our staff and our guests.
Maintaining clean hotel facilities is always our top priority, and during this time we are being extra cautious and diligent. We are paying careful attention to the up-to-the-minute messaging from World Heath Organization, Public Health Agency of Canada and Alberta Health Services and are strictly enforcing all the recommended sanitary protocols and practices. We are monitoring to ensure the hotel is stocked with the appropriate supplies.
We are committed to taking extra action to provide a comfortable and safe environment. We have introduced enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols combined with increased frequency of cleaning public spaces and accessibility to hand washing and hand sanitizer for our staff. Our cleaning and disinfecting protocols are focussed on high traffic and high contact areas using disinfectants that are industrial grade and food-service approved.
As a business in the Taber community, we want to extend our gratitude for all those on the front lines, and for everyone doing their part to ensure that collectively we take good care of one another in a difficult time. At this time we are open for service and welcome guests to the hotel and community.
Unsure which rates have a flexible cancellation policy? Please speak to our Front Desk by calling the hotel toll-free 1-888-888-4374 and they can assist you with your questions. The hotel’s restaurant, lounge and bar also remain open at this time. We offer take-out options for breakfast, lunch and dinner, please call 403-223-4424 and you will be re-directed to place your order with one of our servers.
While this situation is concerning, we can all play a role in protecting our guests, families, friends, colleagues, and communities. We are requesting that all guests and employees respect public health best practices which include at this time:
- Proper and frequent hand washing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. Reminder that stopping the spread starts with this simple act.
- Using alcohol-based hand sanitizer (if available) when hand washing may be unavailable.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or the bend of your arm, not your hand.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- We ask that anyone who is feeling unwell refrain from visiting us so that together we can ensure a safe and comfortable experience for everyone.
- Take measures to avoid unnecessary contact with large crowds and confined gathering of people to slow the spread of COVID-19.
We continue to monitor the situation closely and will provide ongoing updates as needed at the hotel level.
Thank you for your trust as we get through this together.
CEO, Heritage Inn Hotels