The Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre is hiring a Line Cook to join their kitchen team!
This position will include:
- Preparing food orders as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Keep work area stocked, organized and clean at all times
- Ensure work areas and equipment are kept functional and orderly at all times, reporting any deficiencies as necessary
- Prepare and issue products requested by requisition for other departments
- Ensure fridges, freezers, storerooms and areas where food is stored are kept secure
- When beginning your shift, refer to the kitchen logbook and inquire about soup of the day, specials or functions and prepare accordingly
- Assist with receiving and proper storage of all deliveries
- Perform any other job-related duties assigned by the supervisor
Who we are looking for:
- Must have well-groomed appearance at all times
- Ability to work cooperatively
- Must know how to operate and perform routine maintenance on equipment located in the kitchen
- Must have physical stamina to maintain a rigorous pace of work
- Apply safe work practices where established
- Shift; evening and weekend work is required
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must abide by the dress code standards
- Some physical labour and heavy lifting is required
- Must be able to perform efficiently under pressure and within time restraints
- Must be honest and trustworthy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must have the ability to handle and solve customer related concerns and complaints and report to supervisor as necessary
Knowledge and Training:
- Knowledge of WHMIS program
- Food Safe Level I certificate is required
Previous experience in the food industry is an asset.
Benefits include discounted hotel stays and wholesale purchasing.
Salary will be commensurate based on experience and education. Thank you to all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.