The Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre is looking to fill the role of a Maintenance Manager. The right candidate will supervise and coordinate all maintenance activities within the hotel. Ensure that safe work practices are being followed. Establish and follow a maintenance program for weekly, monthly and annual preventative maintenance on all equipment and the buildings. Keep a detailed log book on all daily activities and observations. Maintain a professional and pleasant attitude and provide excellent customer service to ensure customer satisfaction.
Description of Duties:
- Coordinate daily activities and schedules of all maintenance staff, when applicable.
- Respond to guest concerns and complaints quickly and efficiently.
- Ensure that all maintenance requests are dealt with immediately.
- Ensure that all the interior and exterior areas of the hotel are kept clean and safe at all times.
- Order and pick up materials required to carry out repairs on the hotel equipment and buildings, with the General Manager’s approval.
- Ensure cleanliness and chemical upkeep of the pool and hot tub within Provincial Health and Safety regulations.
- Keep the maintenance shop organized and stocked with the minimum requirements of light bulbs, batteries and other basic maintenance items used on a regular basis.
- Keep boiler and electrical rooms clean, safe and unobstructed at all times.
- Keep all the hotel equipment in good and safe working order, and inform the General Manager of all deficiencies that could result in total break down of such equipment.
- Inform Front Desk staff immediately of all out of order guest rooms (OOO) and any current or upcoming maintenance projects that could jeopardize the comfort or safety of hotel guests.
- Obtain quotes, and when approved, coordinate the activities of outside contractors and repairmen.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned by the General Manager. Attend department head meetings as required.
- Must have physical stamina to maintain a rigorous pace of manual work
- Must have the ability to work cooperatively with all other hotel employees
- Must be available or have alternative contact in place on a 24 hour basis
- Shift and weekend work is required
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must wear a uniform as per hotel standards
- Some physical labor and heavy lifting is required
- Must be able to perform efficiently under pressure and within time restraints Must be honest and trustworthy
- Must maintain well groomed appearance at all times Apply safe work practices where applicable
- Must have the ability to safely operate a wide range of power and hand tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must have the ability to handle and solve customer related concerns and complaints and report to management as necessary
Knowledge and Training:
Must know all company policies, procedure, amenities and services Complete knowledge of WHMIS program
General knowledge of tourism industry and attractions in the immediate area May require knowledge of basic computer operation
A minimum of one year experience in a maintenance related position.
Benefits also include wholesale purchasing.