Why We Believe What We Believe
If you have ever stayed at a hotel, then you know that some of the most important aspects of your stay included a clean and comfortable room; good food served in a reasonable time; and warm, friendly hotel staff that made you feel welcomed. If they did their job properly, then you wanted to come back and stay at that hotel again and you probably even told your friends and family about how enjoyable your stay was.
The secret to making sure that good customer service happens time and time again starts with you, the employee, and us the company. We are committed to making sure that you are provided with great “internal customer service” so that you can provide great “external customer service” to our valued Guests who choose us over many other hotels and motels.
Our Current Job Openings
Food and Beverage Manager
The Heritage Inn Hotel and Convention Centre Saskatoon is seeking a full-time, hands on Food and Beverage Manager reporting directly to General Manager.
Position Summary: Maintain a professional and pleasant attitude and ensure excellent customer service is provided in all areas, within established cost guidelines. Oversee, direct and manage Restaurant, Lounge and Banquets department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate weekly functions (where food service is required) with the Chef/Kitchen Manager.
- Ensure completion of Function contracts and confirmation sheets. As well as follow-ups for changes, updates, guaranteed numbers or other pertinent information ensuring all distributed copies are current.
- Ensure post-function follow ups are performed whether by telephone or in person to thank the customer and help determine the level of satisfaction of the guests in attendance.
- Provide supervision and effective ongoing training for all new and existing staff as determined in the evaluation process.
- Coordinate daily activities and schedules of all designated department staff.
- Conduct performance evaluations of department staff
- Respond to guest concerns and complaints quickly and efficiently.
- Ensure all new employees are properly orientated and all necessary paperwork completed and on file prior to their first day of work.
- Assist with the counting and preparation of inventories as may be required.
- Assist and direct training programs in the food and beverage departments and follow through to ensure programs are reflecting and benefiting the areas of service, product knowledge, quality of product and hotel image.
- Conduct designated department staff meetings; attend regular department staff meetings and the department head meetings as required.
- Participate in annual budget process for the Food and Beverage division to ensure financial objectives are met.
- Ensure that the hotel policies and procedures are adhered to by all staff.
- Ensure work areas and equipment are kept functional and orderly at all times, reporting any deficiencies as necessary.
- Must be able to work in all designated areas of the hotel when required
- Keep informed on all current food and beverage pricing, market fluctuations, and specials available from suppliers.
- Upgrade oneself with the changing regulations in reference to Provincial Health Standards, Provincial Gaming and Liquor laws, Fire regulations, etc…
- Review on a daily basis, reports and labor costs on a daily basis and react accordingly by providing information and direction as may be required.
- Maintain an awareness of sales and activity in our rooms division in order to properly prepare the food and beverage departments and to assist in the handling of large groups.
- Represent and promote the property on or off site with a positive, professional manner.
- Ensures all charges be relayed to the front desk.
- Control and monitor daily beverage control and inventory system.
- Must adhere to all Provincial Liquor Control Board regulations.
- Ensure proper cash handling procedures are being followed.
- Keep work area stocked, organized and clean at all times as defined by the task list and cleaning schedules posted in the department.
- Attend department head meetings as required.
- Must be available to cover shifts and work weekends as required
- Balancing and reconciliation of VLT’S
Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
Stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift
Some physical labour and heavy lifting is required
Responsible liquor service certificate/training
Food Safe Certificate may be required
Food and Beverage Server Certificate may be required
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Excellent organizational skills
Excellent supervisory skills
Must have the ability to handle and solve customer related concerns and complaints
Minimum of two years working in a union environment along with food and beverage supervisory experience.
Salary will commensurate based on experience and education. Thank you to all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.