Why We Believe What We Believe
If you have ever stayed at a hotel, then you know that some of the most important aspects of your stay included a clean and comfortable room; good food served in a reasonable time; and warm, friendly hotel staff that made you feel welcomed. If they did their job properly, then you wanted to come back and stay at that hotel again and you probably even told your friends and family about how enjoyable your stay was.
The secret to making sure that good customer service happens time and time again starts with you, the employee, and us the company. We are committed to making sure that you are provided with great “internal customer service” so that you can provide great “external customer service” to our valued Guests who choose us over many other hotels and motels.
Our Current Job Openings
Head Chef/Food & Beverage Service Manager
Have you been waiting for the right opportunity to advance your culinary career? Interested in a fast-paced and gratifying career that combines customer service with culinary knowledge and business administration?
If so, this newly created and unique opportunity at The Heritage Inn Hotel and Convention Centre in Pincher Creek requires an exceptional leader in hospitality to work alongside the General Manager as the Head Chef/Food & Beverage Service Manager.
The successful candidate will be genuine, community focused and passionate about the culinary and customer service realm. You will be sincere in your desire to create and control the entire F&B experience for each and every customer.
As a hands-on leader of the front & back of house of the F&B Division, you will be responsible for the hotel’s food and beverage service operations from preparation to the customer’s consumption and experience. The ideal candidate will have a background, passion and understanding of guest/customer service, food services and a proven history of excellence on service delivery!
What you offer:
- Exceptional team leadership skills
- Displayed background and training in front and back of the house food services with a focus on the creation of an outstanding/exceptional/superb... dining experience
- Pride in producing, maintaining and establishing high quality standards with an eye for detail
- Superb communication skills (written and oral)
- Food Safe Handling, Pro-Serve and First Aid Certificates
- Strong relationship building skills
- Good understanding of budgets, financials and inventory systems
- Sound judgment, problem-solving and critical thinking abilities
- Professional and positive attitude
- Strong computer skills / office related programs (including but not limited to Excel, Word,)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Familiar with food handling and AH&S standards / policies
- Displayed desire and ability to learn and expand your skill set
- Willingness and ability to do all required to make the role a success
- Ability to be on call and emergency contact for all food and beverage elements
- Strong self awareness and able to identify strengths and areas of focus
- Desire to pursue ongoing education / training on own time
- Ability to work collaboratively and take feedback constructively
- Willingness and ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays on a non fixed schedule
- Manage food & beverage stock levels and maintain relationships with various suppliers
- Ensure Food & beverage sales and budget targets are met
- Maintain highest level of cleanliness and safety standards for the food & beverage areas
- Maintain a successful food & beverage menu
- Available for emergency staff and service issues
- Set and manage the work schedules of the kitchen and serving staff around the needs of the business, ensuring the most cost effective schedule is adhered to while still maintaining timely service
- Recruit, train, mentor and manage kitchen and service staff teams
- Ensure daily and weekly kitchen checklist items are being completed by staff
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Remuneration commensurate with experience and education. In addition to tip sharing, there is a bonus potential based on performance measures for the right candidate.
Night Cleaner/Security Agent
The Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre in Pincher Creek, AB is currently seeking a full-time Night Cleaner/Security Agent to join our team.
This position will include:
Sweeping and wet mopping all tiled and hard surfaced floor areas on a daily basis including pool area.
Vacuuming all carpeting, doormats, draperies and upholstered furniture on a daily basis and as necessary ceilings and vents.
Wiping and polishing furniture, mirrors, brass / chrome rails and surfaces, light fixtures, brackets and supports, coat racks, luggage carts on a daily basis.
Wiping walls, ceilings, baseboards, countertops, ledges, window sills, doors, door frames, door knobs, plants, artifacts, exercise equipment, decor, way finding and other signage, heating and cooling vents, brochure rack, vending / video machines, on a daily basis.
Emptying and wiping garbage cans and ashtrays on daily basis.
Washing all glass surfaces daily. (i.e. doors, windows, dividers, etc.)
Cleaning public washrooms.
Removing all garbage from premises and deposit in garbage bins.
Ensuring back door, kitchen doors, banquet hallway doors, side exit door are locked nightly upon starting of shift.
Ensure walkthroughs of all hallways and report noise levels and disruption to Front Desk attendant.
Address room complaints and provide warning to occupants of room. If problems continue with difficult hotel customers after warnings have occurred, then local authorities are to be called for assistance.
Ensure that professional and courteous behaviour is always maintained when dealing with hotel customers.
Who we are looking for:
A hardworking, proactive, detail oriented individual that is always mindful of safety and security protocols.
Must be bondable.
High level of customer service.
Always willing to jump in and help whenever required.
Physical labour and heavy lifting is required.
This position is a night shift (typically 11:00pm – 6:00am) and may require weekend work.
Does this sound like you? We encourage all qualified applicants to apply using the "Apply Now" link below.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.