The Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre in Pincher Creek, Alberta is currently seeking an experienced and enthusiastic full-time Kitchen Manager to lead, develop and support the kitchen team in effectively operating and managing the kitchen operations for our on-site Restaurant, Lounge, and Banquet departments.
Please note that the salary will be commensurate based on experience and education.
This position will include:
- Food purchasing, receiving and storing as per hotel standards.
- Ensuring the quality of all food prepared at all times and constantly checking for taste, temperature, and visual appeal.
- Ensuring any guest concerns and complaints are resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Making daily inspections of all fridges, freezers and food storerooms, to ensure proper par levels, inventory management, rotation and dating of all products.
- Ensuring kitchen and area is stocked, organized and cleaned at all times.
- Planning daily features and specials.
- Record food inventory.
- Maintain awareness of all food and fire safety regulation.
- Hire, train and supervise all kitchen staff and provide effective ongoing training ensuring certifications are up to date.
- Coordinate daily activities and schedules of all department staff.
- Conduct regular department staff meetings.
- Participate in the annual budget process to ensure financial objectives are met for the Food & Beverage Division.
Who we are looking for:
- A hardworking, knowledgeable and proactive professional with Food Safe certification.
- Preference will be given to candidates with Red Seal Certification or equivalent.
- Must be passionate about the food service industry and current with the latest provincial and federation regulations and industry trends.
- A hands-on and detail-oriented manager who believes in leading by example, and is always willing to jump in and help whenever required. Evening and weekend work will be required.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.